Information for Webinar Participants
TechCommNZ is using Zoom software to host our webinars. To attend a TechCommNZ webinar you will need:
- Headphones or loudspeakers to hear the webinar broadcast. You will also need a microphone if you wish to speak during question/answer sessions.
- Internet connection (broadband is best)
- Device running Windows, Mac, iOS or Android operating system ( details)
When you first access the webinar system, your computer will automatically download and install a small add-in for your browser. If your computer cannot do this due to security settings, you may have problems accessing the webinar. The download may take several minutes, depending on the speed of your internet connection.
Registering for the webinar
TechCommNZ webinar registration consists of two stages:
- Chargeable webinars: Please log into your TechCommNZ account to register and make your payment by using the TechCommNZ website Buy Tickets button. This button is displayed on the page that provides full details of the webinar. When we receive your registration payment, we will send you a confirmation email. The email contains a link to Zoom, where you can complete your registration. Free webinars: We will provide you with a link to Zoom, where you can complete your registration.
- Complete your registration on Zoom by entering your name and email address. Once you have completed the registration process, Zoom will send you an email with a link to the webinar itself, which you can use to access the webinar at the scheduled time. You can use the same link to access any pre-webinar test sessions that may also be scheduled.
Joining the webinar
To join the webinar, follow the link in the Zoom confirmation email a few minutes before the scheduled start time. For full details of how to access a webinar as a participant and use the webinar controls, please read the Zoom article on Joining a Webinar (Attendee).
Leaving the webinar
You can leave the webinar at any time by clicking Leave Meeting at the foot of the webinar screen.
If you leave, you can rejoin if the webinar is still in progress, as long as the host has not locked the webinar.
Zoom support centre
If you have any problems with using Zoom, please search the Zoom help centre for information.