When you join TechCommNZ you will receive the following membership benefits.
Special rates at TechCommNZ and other events
- Substantial savings on registration fees for the biennial TechCommNZ conference.
- Reduced rates for attending TechCommNZ training workshops and local branch meetings.
- Register at member rates for events run by other selected organisations. Read more about affiliated membership.
Member area on TechCommNZ website
You will have access to the Member area on the TechCommNZ website, which includes:
- Membership of the TechCommNZ Slack group. This group is a forum for members where you can discuss TC related issues that you may have, ideas, etc.
- Results of the annual salary and hourly rate survey of technical communicators working in New Zealand. These surveys have been held each year since 2000.
- TechCommNZ mentoring scheme.
- The online version of the Communicator journal of technical communication. This journal is published quarterly by the UK Institute for Scientific and Technical Communication (ISTC).
- You may post details of your skills and interests on the Find a Tech Communicator page.
- Free job vacancy postings on the TechCommNZ website for up to one month. Job vacancy details are also circulated to the TechCommNZ email lists.
- Networking opportunities with other technical communicators throughout New Zealand.
- You (or your organisation) may use the TechCommNZ logo on your business cards or website.
- Receive information from our email lists. You can subscribe to several types of list: general messages,local messages (such as Wellington events)and subject-specific messages (such as job vacancies). Non-members can also subscribe to these email lists but are encouraged to join TechCommNZ to take advantage of all the other benefits of membership.
Benefits for student members
All of the above benefits, plus:
- Work experience and graduate job opportunities.
- Information about industry courses and training.
- Free webinars and free entry to catered branch events.
- Opportunities to network with future employers and colleagues.