TechCommNZ Webinar - Must have tools for technical writers and editors
There are lots of writing and editing tools that can save you time and improve the quality of your work, but how do you choose which to invest in? This webinar will cover four tools (all available for PC and Mac): PerfectIt, Editor's Toolkit Plus, PhraseExpress and ProWritingAid. In each case, Hilary will explain what the tool is, how and when you might use it, and the main pros and cons. By the end, you will know which of these tools will be of most benefit in your work.
You will learn:
- the many different things that PerfectIt can do beyond checking consistency
- how Editor’s Toolkit Plus can save you time, especially on formatting tasks
- why PhraseExpress is better than autocorrect for adding snippets of text that you use frequently
- how ProWritingAid could improve your writing skills, even if you don’t buy the program.
Date and time
The webinar will be held on Friday 17 July 2020 from 11:00am - 12 noon NZDT, (09:00am - 10:00 am AEST).
Note: If you are unable to join us on the day, don't worry. A recording of the webinar and related information will be available to download from our website within a couple of days.
The costs for this webinar are:
- TechCommNZ members - $30 plus GST
- TechCommNZ student members - free
- Affiliate members incl ASTC and NZATD - $50 plus GST
- Non-members - $150 plus GST. Sign up as a member and, once approved, you can register at member rates.
Please register through the website so that we can send you details about accessing the webinar session.
About the presenter
Hilary Cadman has been editing and training for almost 20 years. When she started on this path, she struggled with Word, and found it extremely frustrating. But seeing her colleagues working effectively with the program eventually spurred Hilary to get her own skills up to scratch.
Today, Hilary runs a successful editing business; she also creates online courses to help other editors to see the benefits of being confident in Word and using the many tools that are available.