Her specialty skills are:
- Helping businesses to create clear, easy to read content and communications.
- Writing plain English content for websites.
- Making complex information simple.
- Simplifying processes, policies and procedures.
- Helping project teams to engage with stakeholders.
Specialty areas: Business, compliance, digital/web content best practice, plain English and technical.
25+ years' experience in writing, editing, communications, marketing and management.
Freelancer/Technical writer for Government websites, 2008 to now, including:
- MBIE Health and Safety Information Hub Review, 2017–2018.
- Standards New Zealand Touchstone website, 2008–2015 and from January 2018.
- Companies Office Website Refresh Project, 2017.
- TEC Website Redevelopment Project, 2016.
- Immigration NZ Website Redevelopment Project, 2015.
- Consumer Affairs Consumer Law Review Project, 2014.
- Business.govt.nz Compliance Matters Tool, a Result 9 Project, 2013.
My writing has been published in many sector specific trade magazines and websites, including: Public sector magazine, Build magazine (BRANZ), Kiwi Families website and Her magazine.
Type of work required
I provide freelance content writing, editing and communications services:
- Technical writing, editing, reviewing, communications.
- Helping businesses and the Government to create easy to read digital content for websites and communications.
- Providing specialist communications and writing support to IT, website redevelopment and change management projects.
- Simplifying technical information and writing clear, plain English content that is relevant to the reader.
- Developing internal and external communications plans and material across channels.
Posted on TechCommNZ website 18 January 2018.