2019 TechCommNZ Annual General Meeting
By Meredith Evans
On October 15th we held the 2019 Annual General Meeting of the Technical Communicators Association of New Zealand. We held the meeting at the Trinity Wharf hotel with 25 people in attendance. This is a much better attendance than many other meetings and everyone agreed that the format of holding the AGM on the evening before the conference (but after the welcome drinks!) was an idea we should continue for conference years.
You can read the AGM minutes and reports on the TechCommNZ website in the Member Area (log in first).
After reading of the reports and a review of our financial situation we voted on the remit to change the subscription model for corporates.
We agreed on the following change to corporate subscriptions:
As from 1 July 2020 the new rates for corporate subscriptions will be tiered as follows:
- 4–10 members $650 plus GST
- 11–15 members $1,000 plus GST
- 16–20 members $1,500 plus GST 20+ members $2,000 plus GST for a Bronze Partnership.
Then followed the election of officers and the Board. It’s great to see some new faces joining the Board and I’m looking forward to hearing their ideas for improvement.
- President: Meredith Evans
- Vice President: Katie Haggath
- Honorary Treasurer: Earnsy Liu
- Secretary: Peter Nock
- Business Manager: Roy McKone
- Abhay Chokshi
- Emma Reynolds
- Megan Bennett
- Noel Anderton
- Shelly Davies
- Auckland Branch Coordinator: Abhay Chokski
- Christchurch Branch Coordinator: Emma Harding
- Wellington Branch Coordinator: Megan Bennett
After the election we enjoyed some lively discussion around the possibility of changing our conference model to join up with ITx, which is a very large IT conference. There are pros and cons to doing this and the new Board will need to consider these over the next few months.
Thank you to everyone who attended the AGM and to Kaye Churches, Rob Grover, and Jane Armstrong, who ended their term on the Board at this meeting.