From the President
By Meredith Evans
Kia ora everyone
This month I’m excited to announce the launch of a special competition to warm up your winter: The Sustain Conference quote competition.
You probably all know from reading my older reports that I’m a fan of notebooks – something that I know I share with many other technical communicators. At our conference this year, as in other years, we’ll be giving out some gorgeous notebooks, and we want to showcase an excellent techcomm themed quote on the cover.
This is where we need your help!
What you need to do:
- Write a great saying or quote, or find one on the internet.
- Make sure you attribute the quote to the author (if known).
- Enter via the TechCommNZ Facebook or LinkedIn pages.
- Act fast because the competition closes on 30 June.
What you’ll win:
- We’ll print your quote (attributed to the author) on the cover of every notebook we give out at the conference in October.
- A $100 Air New Zealand travel voucher, to help you get to the conference (or to somewhere else if you like).
What happens next?
The TechCommNZ conference committee will shortlist the top five quotes and then we’ll run a vote on our social media channels to decide the winning quote.
That’s all from me this month. So stay warm and start quote hunting or quote composing. I can’t wait to read the flood of entries as they come in.