TechCommNZ Webinar - Deconstructing Presentations
How often have you had to endure presentations with speakers and slides that taxed your attention?
If you can’t pay attention to the presentation, you can’t retain the information. What would have made those presentations—what would make your presentations—memorable, influential, and successful?
Deconstructing Presentations will show you how to use structure, visuals, and stories to make memorable presentations. You will rethink how you have been developing slides and walk away with a step-by-step plan for creating impactful presentations. With your new skills, you will use outlines and storyboards to ensure your slides are not filled with mind-numbing text. Come to this session and leave with the expertise to plan your next presentation and never fall into the same pitfalls most presenters do ever again.
- Discover how to cater to your audience’s working memory using schemas and chunking.
- Learn how cognitive overload is rampant in presentations and how to prevent it.
- Find out about the dual coding theory and the multimedia effect and how to use that to your advantage.
- Hear why stories are so influential and persuasive and how you can use science to ensure your story is heard.
- Learn how to implement effective visuals that will be more memorable for audience member.
Date and time
The webinar will be held on Thursday 11 August 2022 from 11:00am - 12 noon NZST, (9:00am - 10:00 pm AEST)
The costs for this webinar are:
- TechCommNZ members and NZATD members - $30 plus GST
- TechCommNZ student members - free
- Affiliate members incl ASTC - $50 plus GST
- Non-members - $150 plus GST. Sign up as a member and, once approved, you can register at member rates.
Please register through the website so that we can send you details about accessing the webinar session.
About the presenter
Danielle Hennis, founder of Make It Memorable, is a presentation consultant, graphic designer and teacher. She uses her background in psychology, graphic design, and TEDx speaking coaching to help clients take their complex ideas and turn them into powerful presentations, lessons, and visual stories. She specialises in designing memorable and influential slides that help the audience gain a deeper understanding of the topic. She has worked with a wide range of clients, including North Carolina State University, RTI International, Pfizer, and WebMD.
When Danielle isn’t working with clients on their presentations, she’s teaching graphic design at Wake Technical Community College.