TechCommNZ Webinar - How to embed a culture of clear writing in your business
Rockstar Writing Trainer Shelly Davies will show you how to plan, lead, resource, and implement a culture of clear communication and writing at your workplace. It’s easier said than done.
On successful completion of this webinar, participants should be able to:
- Identify the challenging of changing communications and writing culture
- Create a set of resources to support the change
- Use tools to manage resistance
- Discuss key findings from research into plain language
- Convince the organisation why plain language is necessary and beneficial to them.
Date and time
The webinar will be held on Friday 13 August 2021 from 11:00am - 12 noon NZDT, (9:00am - 10:00 pm AEST)
Note: If you are unable to join us on the day, don't worry. A recording of the webinar and related information will be available to download from our website within a couple of days.
The costs for this webinar are:
- TechCommNZ members and NZATD members - $30 plus GST
- TechCommNZ student members - free
- Affiliate members incl ASTC - $50 plus GST
- Non-members - $150 plus GST. Sign up as a member and, once approved, you can register at member rates.
Please register through the website so that we can send you details about accessing the webinar session.
About the presenter
Shelly Davies, managing director of Hamilton-based Shelly Davies Writing & Training, bounced unconventionally and entertainingly into the communications landscape. With a brand that’s exploding across a surprising mix of sectors and industries she’s now leading the pack.
"Brand Shelly" is out of the box, bubbly, pretty damn irresistible, more than a little sassy, and rapidly giving fewer and fewer f*cks what anyone thinks. And it’s working. Her writing is sharp, sought after, and highly paid. Her trainings are high energy, instantly impactful, and booked up to two years in advance.
She did her time in the classroom torturing teenagers and indoctrinating university students with academic conventions. She killed off one husband, kicked out another one, and popped out 3 money-sucking vampires. And then she discovered something amazing: good writing PAYS. And like common sense, it ain’t common.
Want more? Talk to Shelly.