TechCommNZ Webinar: How long is that piece of ….writing: scoping your documentation projects
This webinar is for you if:
- Your clients need a proposal before taking you on as a writer and you don’t know how to scope your project,
- You feel pressured for time when writing documentation. It’s much easier to manage your time if you know how long your documentation will take.
- Your company is embarking on a documentation project and needs a good indication of the time involved.
Scoping a project is not an exact science but there’s plenty you can do to make a reasonably accurate time estimate.
You will learn:
- Why scoping a documentation project is a great idea
- The importance of planning and how to plan
- Ways to estimate how long your project will take
- Some tips for giving yourself some ‘wiggle room.’
Date and time
The webinar will be held on Friday 18 September 2020 from 11:00am - 12 noon NZST, (9:00am - 10:00 am AEST)
Note: If you are unable to join us on the day, don't worry. A recording of the webinar and related information will be available to download from our website within a couple of days.
The costs for this webinar are:
- TechCommNZ members - $30 plus GST
- TechCommNZ student members - free
- Affiliate members incl ASTC and NZATD - $50 plus GST
- Non-members - $150 plus GST. Sign up as a member and, once approved, you can register at member rates.
Please register through the website so that we can send you details about accessing the webinar session.
About the presenter
Just over 22 years ago, Ruth stopped teaching and started work as a technical writer. She had been a language teacher, so she knew she could write. But, she soon found out that there was plenty she didn’t know about the world of business writing, including how long a project might take. She did not even know how to go about scoping a project.
Once she established WritersInc Ltd, she had staff and contractors to manage. Scoping projects became more important. So, she researched, did courses and practised until she became reasonably accurate at working out how long a documentation project might take.
WritersInc always aims to create documents that work and are created on time and in budget.