TechCommNZ Webinar: The Agile Technical Communicator
With the ever-growing demand for highly skilled professionals to work in cross-functional teams, it can be difficult navigating the workflow of Agile alone, as Technical Communicators often are. In this webinar we will explore what you need to know about Agile, and highlight the benefits of adopting Agile in your everyday work life. From being more effective when working with your team, to aligning your tech comm deliverables with your team’s sprint goals. I will also cover Agile best practices along with my own first-hand insights. Finally, we will explore how technical communication can open doors into a wide range of opportunities.
You will learn about the following.
- What Agile is and the benefits of using it
- The basic concepts of Agile
- Features of a typical Agile workflow
- How cross-functional teams work in Agile
- How documenting in Agile differs from traditional frameworks
- What the Technical Communicator’s role is in Agile
- Tips on adding value as an ‘Agile’ technical communicator.
Date and time
The webinar will be held on Friday 24 April 2020 from 11:00am - Noon NZDT, (09:00am - 10:00 am AEDT)
Note: If you are unable to join us on the day, don't worry. A recording of the webinar and related information will be available to download from our website within a couple of days.
The costs for this webinar are:
- TechCommNZ members - $30 plus GST
- TechCommNZ student members - free
- Affiliate members incl ASTC and NZATD - $50 plus GST
- Non-members - $150 plus GST. Sign up as a member and, once approved, you can register at member rates.
Please register through the website so that we can send you details about accessing the webinar session.
About the presenter
Luke is a Technical Communication and Information Management graduate (2007). He started his ICT career working as a Technical Communicator at Navico, before moving to iSOFT. He has also worked at Genesis Energy, Unleashed Software and Adherium.
In 2014, he gained his Professional Scrum Master / PSM-1 certification, and was entrusted with a role of Release Manager/Agile Coach at Unleashed Software. He now works as a Senior Project Manager / Scrum Master at the global digital design agency — Digital Arts Network (DAN).
Outside work, Luke is also on the Agile Auckland committee, where he writes for their blog Agile It! He also has his own weekly blog; Agile | Adapt which covers agile, adaptive management and servant leadership insights. Luke presented at a TechCommNZ Auckland branch meeting on about how technical communicators can make great scrum masters.
Luke is very passionate about upskilling technical communicators into Agile and looks forward to talking on the topic with you all at this webinar.