TechCommNZ Webinar: Hitting the Target with Taxonomy - Getting the Right Answers to Your Customers
Getting the right content to the right people at the right time can be challenging, but doing it well will set you apart from the competition. Content is the lifeblood of your organization. It's a business asset that represents your value. It's a differentiating factor that can help you build customer trust and brand loyalty. When you get it right, prospects and customers don't have to struggle to find answers to questions they have about your products and services.
In this session, we will discuss:
- How taxonomy—and a digital experience platform—can help you deliver targeted, relevant, useful content to customers and prospects alike.
- How taxonomy is a critical component of any content delivery strategy and can be used to help us create exceptional content experiences while also preventing us from exposing our content to the wrong people.
- How access to content improves the customer experience and supports the omnichannel journeys.
- As B2C companies are taking advantage of omnichannel strategies, B2B firms are now finding that they can put these strategies into place for better customer experience as well as driving sales. The people who work for companies (B2B customers...) in their personal lives, are consumers, and come to expect the personalized experience in their professional lives, when they are buying and using products during their day jobs.
- Translating customer journeys into concrete scenarios and use-cases of people requiring content.
- Scenarios are broken down into a taxonomy: a hierarchical list of controlled values.
- Taxonomy used for:
- faceted search (filtering)
- weighted keyword search
- synonym list
- Navigational drill-down.
There are no specific prerequisities for this session, but some experience developing information architecture for document or website content would be useful.
This session will be discussing taxonomy at an introductory-intermediate level.
Date and time
The webinar will be held on Friday 15th September 2017 from 11:00 am - 12 Noon NZ time, (9:00am -10:00 am AEST)
The costs for this webinar are:
- TechCommNZ members (and affiliates: ASTC, NZATD, PRINZ) - free
- TechCommNZ student members - free
- Non-members - $40 +GST
Please register through the website so that we can send you details about accessing the webinar session.
About the presenter
Joe Gelb has over twenty years of experience helping enterprises implement, maintain and capitalise on structured content. At Zoomin, he has spearheaded the development of advanced technology solutions for content delivery. Prior to founding Zoomin and Suite Solutions, Joe was the CTO at Live Linx, a leading provider of software and system integration services for technical product information. There he designed and implemented solutions for aerospace, defense, manufacturing and hi-tech companies. Joe holds a degree in Mechanical Engineering from Stevens Institute of Technology.