Tanya is an experienced technical communicator in central Auckland. 20 years in the software industry - writing, editing and localising interfaces and user content. 12 years as a technical communications lead.
- Building and leading teams
- Developing systems and processes
- Influencing change
- Managing projects
- Building working relationships.
Tanya's extensive work experience covers:
- 20 years' technical writing experience in the software industry
- 5 years' publishing experience (magazines and marketing publications)
- 11 years' experience leading a communications team and developing a culture of collaboration and trust
- 11 years' experience developing systems and standards to improve efficiency, raise documentation quality, resolve problems, and add value to the business
- 19 years' experience in the translation and localisation of technical content.
Type of work
Tanya is interested in freelance or contract work of the following types:
- software interface text
- release notes
- online help
- user guides and manuals
- process diagrams
- style guides (writing, voice and tone)
- localisation and translation of software and user content.
- policies, processes and procedures
- proposals and reports
- tender responses
- corporate and stakeholder communications
- training materials.
Media and communications:
- articles and press releases
- newsletters and brochures
- wiki / intranet content.
Editing and proofreading
- any content type.
Consultancy and training
- building technical communication teams
- team processes and procedures
- strategic direction and productivity
- relationships with internal stakeholders
- authoring tools and technology
- principles of plain language.