TechCommNZ currently has active branches in Auckland, Wellington, and Christchurch.
Auckland Branch has many members who work in the telecommunications, software, education, research, agricultural engineering and manufacturing industries.
TechCommNZ was formed in New Zealand's largest city and about one third of all TechCommNZ members live in Auckland.
For further information on local activities in Auckland, you can:
- visit the All Events page and select events in Auckland
- subscribe to the Auckland Events email from our free email lists
- contact the TechCommNZ Auckland branch coordinator.
Wellington Branch has many members who work in government and the software development, banking, education and training industries.
The TechCommNZ branch in Wellington was formed in 2001.
For information on local activities in Wellington, you can:
- visit the All Events page and select events in Wellington
- subscribe to the Wellington Events email from our free email lists
- contact the TechCommNZ Wellington branch coordinator.
Christchurch Branch has many members who work in the engineering, telecommunication, electrical, IT, government and manufacturing industries. We cover a wide range of technical writing areas from web and information design; online help systems; equipment / product manuals; technological equipment information design through to marketing and sales documentation; training documentation and information systems; plus much, much more.
The TechCommNZ branch in Christchurch was formed in 2001 after the STC Christchurch chapter closed.
For further information on local activities in Christchurch, you can:
- visit the All Events page and select events in Christchurch
- subscribe to the Christchurch Events email from our free email lists
- contact the TechCommNZ Christchurch branch coordinator.
Bay of Plenty
The Bay of Plenty branch was formed in September 2016.
Most of its members are self employed contractors. However, with the migration of many people to the area from the larger cities, particularly Auckland, it is anticipated that there will be a growth in employment opportunities of all sorts. This should lead to a corresponding growth in opportunities for Technical Communicators and an increase in a our membership.
For further information on local activities in the Bay of Plenty, you can: